By Michael Davis, Sean Bodmer, Aaron LeMasters
"A harrowing advisor to the place the undesirable men disguise, and the way you'll find them." --Dan Kaminsky, Director of Penetration trying out, IOActive
"An awesome source. it really is well timed, centred, and what we have to greater comprehend and shield opposed to one of many maximum cyber threats we face." --From the Foreword by means of Lance Spitzner, President of the Honeynet undertaking
Don't allow one other computing device develop into a zombie within the malware army
Defend opposed to the continued wave of malware and rootkit attacks the failsafe Hacking uncovered manner. Real-world case stories and examples display how today's hackers use available instruments to infiltrate and hijack structures. step by step countermeasures supply confirmed prevention innovations. how one can discover and put off malicious embedded code, block pop-ups and internet sites, hinder keylogging, and terminate rootkits. the newest intrusion detection, firewall, honeynet, antivirus, anti-rootkit, and anti-spyware applied sciences are coated intimately.
• know the way malware infects, survives, and propagates throughout an enterprise
• learn the way hackers use archivers, encryptors, and packers to obfuscate code
• enforce powerful intrusion detection and prevention procedures
• shield opposed to keylogging, redirect, click on fraud, and identification robbery threats
• notice, kill, and take away digital, user-mode, and kernel-mode rootkits
• hinder malicious web site, phishing, client-side, and embedded-code exploits
• shield hosts utilizing the most recent antivirus, pop-up blocker, and firewall software
• establish and terminate malicious approaches utilizing HIPS and NIPS
Read or Download Hacking Exposed: Malware & Rootkits Secrets & Solutions PDF
Similar hacking books
Sign up for today’s new revolution in creativity and neighborhood: hackerspaces. cease letting folks construct every little thing for you: Do it your self. discover, seize the instruments, get hands-on, get dirty…and create stuff you by no means imagined you'll. Hack this is often your wonderful, full-color passport to the realm of hackerspaces: your invitation to percentage wisdom, grasp instruments, interact, construct impressive stuff–and have a flat-out blast doing it.
There's significantly extra ability within the IT and defense groups than is mirrored within the jobs everyone is in a position to reach. such a lot people's proscribing consider their skill to get well jobs isn't technical talents or maybe the gentle abilities essential to do good in a brand new activity. it truly is that obtaining a task is a very varied ability set and one who most folk simply perform each few years.
* prepare for a few down-and-dirty hackin'! Over 2 hundred critical hacks readers can use to strength home windows XP to do it their means, written within the ExtremeTech no-holds-barred variety * Sinchak does not waste time tweaking motion picture Maker or fast Messenger-these hacks are heavy-duty, targeted directions for squeezing each drop of strength from home windows XP and maximizing velocity, visual appeal, and safeguard * no longer for the faint of center!
Cybercrime and cyber-terrorism signify a major problem to society as an entire.
- The Basics of Web Hacking: Tools and Techniques to Attack the Web
- Cracking Windows Phone and Blackberry Native Development: Cross-Platform Mobile Apps Without the Kludge
- Internet Forensics
- Hacker's Challenge 3: 20 Brand New Forensic Scenarios & Solutions (3rd Edition)
- Crackproof Your Software: Protect Your Software Against Crackers (With CD-ROM)
Additional info for Hacking Exposed: Malware & Rootkits Secrets & Solutions
MPack was a great step forward for the RBN as it contained over ten different exploits and attackers could choose which exploit to use based on the connecting target. It was very effective and gave the RBN something they had never really had before: metrics. Since MPack contained multiple exploits, the management console detailed which web browsers were most successfully infected, what country the web browsers originated from, and infection ratios. These metrics allowed attackers to finetune their attacks or sell a specific type of infected machine based on their inventory.
De Guzman. De Guzman was seen as a Robinhood in the Philippines. He wrote the portion of the ILOVEYOU virus that stole the usernames and passwords people used to access the Internet and gave the information to others to utilize. In the Philippines, where Internet access costs as much as $90 per month, many saw his virus as a great benefit. ” Malware and rootkits are not about ego or protest— they’re about money. Malware authors want money, and the easiest way to get it is to steal it from you. Their intent with the programs they have written has changed dramatically.
Many users believe that antivirus technology is the only solution to the virus and worm problem. However, IDS and IPS took the technology within antivirus systems—signature matching—and applied it to the network layer at the perimeter of the network. This change prevented viruses and worms from even making their way to the workstation. Furthermore, these systems provided an additional line of defense for the firewall, which did not deeply inspect data that it allowed through. For example, if a virus worm like Code Red attacked via port 80 through IIS, a firewall would allow it through without inspection, whereas an IPS would actually prevent the worm from traversing over port 80 to the server.
Hacking Exposed: Malware & Rootkits Secrets & Solutions by Michael Davis, Sean Bodmer, Aaron LeMasters